1. I know more about what makes relationships work than ever before.
2. I know less about what makes relationships work than ever before.
3. The world is a world of grace, not justice. Yes, bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. But good things also happen to good people and bad things also happen to bad people. The Universe isn’t out to get you, the Universe just doesn’t play favorites.
4. You create your own definition of success. It’s not going to be (nor should it be) the same as anyone else’s.
5. In defining your own success, only choose barometers that you actually have control over.
6. If someone is going through a difficult time, the greatest gift you can give them is to suffer with them. We all just want to know we aren’t alone.
7. Trying to be “great” can be a frustrating pursuit. Instead focus on being more “you.”
8. Don’t be afraid of change. It may be uncomfortable but I’m not so sure that ‘comfort’ and ‘happiness’ are related to one another. Even if it leads to failure, be proud, that just means you’re trying.
9. Just because it doesn’t happen when you want it to happen doesn’t mean it won’t happen.
10. The minute we think we know better than anyone else is when growth stops. Always be open to new thoughts, new challenges, new experiences.
11. Don’t worry about what the future might hold, envision what it will hold.
12. Take control of your life. Recognize what you can and cannot change. Make an effort to work on the things you can, accept the things you can’t.
13. Love more. Trust more. Accept more. Empathize more.